A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Compline

Well...something funny did kind of happen and it is building on my story from yesterday. It was a hard day and I was completely exhausted, but I still wanted to resume trying to pray the Liturgy of Hours. I was getting ready to go to bed and and invited my wife to come pray with me, which she reluctantly agreed to do because I told her it would not be too long, but what she did not count on was me being me.

Okay, here is a bit of background. I have been praying the Divine Office, but according the 1960 New Calendar from http://divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl which in my opinion is pretty awesome. I really enjoy praying this form of the hours, as opposed to the modern version, but this is not the funny part. The funny part is that I had been clowning around the with program earlier and had set it to Trident 1910, which is longer than the 1960 version of Compline, so my assurance to my wife that prayer would not be that long was not entirely true and I did not catch my mistake immediately.

I was honestly quite lucky that my wife was patient with me and a good sport. It was the first time that she prayed this form with me and though she was tired she managed to control her displeasure, but her face kind of said it all. I explained to her my mistake and she gave me that look like typical you, but she did enjoy it.

I guess I am writing about this event more to share the link for those who may not have seen it before or who like to try something a bit new. For a guy like me who cannot a afford a book like a Latin/English Roman Breviary http://www.baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=59 websites like Divinum Officium help to fill the gap and allow me to pray in a way that I feel comfortable. If it sounds like your cup of tea or you want to try something different, check it out. It seems like a really cool site and has few different forms available for prayer. I am not going to try and sell it up, but tell you to go and see it for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

A Self-Righteous Pharisee Complaining

I will be returning soon