The Enemy Within, The Smoke of Satan and Prayer

I have found myself asking questions very recently, not that I have not asked these questions before but they are now more pronounced. After watching Fr. Michael Rodriguez's "The Enemy is Within, The Kiss of Judas Iscariot", I said to myself can things really be this bad? Have they really gotten to this state? I was aware of the undermining influence and the smoke of Satan which has been permeating but can it be to this extreme?

I have been sitting and thinking about this for a few days and have looked at in the light of Fr. Marcel Guarnizo in the Archdiocese Washington D.C. and his being reprimanded  for exercising Canon 915 in situation which would justify its usage [Articles on the subject: Priest says denial of Communion requires discretion and Exclusive: Inside sources provide new info on priest censure for denying lesbian Communion], a person who has made their sin manifest and public and has not repented. His actions prevented another grave sin from occurring, that of sacrilege. In the opinion of this Catholic and blogger, something is wrong when the concepts of being pastoral or politically correct trump the laws of the church and the defilement of the Eucharist so as not to offend. The choice to be Catholic is one that in and of itself may offend and just as speaking of truth may offend and can have you martyred, something that very well may begin to reoccur this century at the rate things are going (on a larger scale). While we should always be charitable and not set out to be offensive, our core doctrines should not be altered as not to offend opposing sensibilities, as that would be simply to deny the truth and to take the path of the relativist. Instead, we are called to rise to the challenge and show that the truth we speak and share is as applicable today as it was in the past and that though it may offend at time it does not make it any less the truth.

As to my question... I only know that I need persevere in prayer at this time for myself, for others, for those who are deceived by erroneous opinions and for Holy Mother Church. As for anyone else? Well, you can watch the video and you decide how bad things really are. I just know that we must choose who we serve and who our Master is. We either serve God or mammon; there is no compromising on the truth with the world.

Cor Iesu Sacratissimum, miserere nobis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

A Self-Righteous Pharisee Complaining

I will be returning soon