A Catholic Engaged Encounter Weekend - No Writing for The Anti-Modernist

I normally try to write on the weekends, but this weekend I will have to skip out as I will be at Catholic Engaged Encounter. I imagine that most people reading this blog know what CEE is, but for the benefit of other readers, I will expand a bit. Catholic Engaged Encounter (Singapore Link) is an amazing experience which takes place over a weekend. It is intended for couples who are discerning marriage or considering whether or not to even take their relationship to a more serious level. It is comprised of discussions by married couples, and priest(s), but most of all it involves deep discussions between the discerning couples. Participants are led to deal with discussion issues, that if left avoided, could be detrimental to marriage, but most of all they are shown the reality that "A Wedding is a Day...A Marriage is a Lifetime".

This weekend my wife and I will be one of two house couples at CEE. Primarily, our job will be to work behind the scenes to make sure the participants are fed, comfortable and that all their needs are met and to pray for them. I humbly request that anyone who has a spare moment please pray for the discerning couples who will be present for the retreat weekend.

As many may know, marriage around the world is in decline and divorce is on the rise; therefore, it makes experiences like these that much more important to proper formation and discernment, so I will also ask that people pray for the presenting couples and priest.

For those reading in the USA, you may find the Catholic Engaged Encounter main website useful.

I thank you all for taking the time to read this and look forward to writing upon my return.

[For those who reside in other countries, I do not know your CEE information off hand, but I will be happy to try and obtain the information for you.]

Pax tecum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

I will be returning soon

Condoms made for 12 year olds. Sad day.