NaPro Technology and Creighton Method - A Journey

On occasion I write about NaPro technology and the Creighton Model, and despite the fact I may not be a doctor or an expert in the area, my wife and I do use Creighton Method and NaPro technology in our quest to conceive a child, as its methods respect the dignity of the human person and promote overall health.

Now, I must say that dealing with fertility issues is not easy and it requires patience and understanding, not only by the couple but also by the doctor. My wife and I have seen a number of doctors, and have found our experience to be mixed, yet we have nothing to but positive things to say about NaPro practitioners. We started our NaPro/Creighton Method journey in Singapore under the care of Dr. John Hui, who has been delightful and very insightful in helping us deal with our issues, especially in addressing underlying health issues and how they effect fertility and has always walked us through our journey in a very systematic way, never pushing anything upon us, but letting us weigh our options and decide. Deciding to practice the Creighton Method has given my wife and I a better understanding what is truly going on inside her body; thus has allowed us to treat our sexuality and each other with greater respect. As a man, I can understand my wife's hormonal trends and know whether she is going to ovulate or not; also, it allows me to see the changes that are occurring as regards her menses.

I should probably clarify the latter. My wife has PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and because of this she may have excessively long cycles that may not have an incidence of ovulation; additionally, she at times may not be able to menstruate on her own, which results in me having to give her progesterone shots. There are other issues that we both possess, but I don't wish to discuss them on this blog; however, I hope it can be understood that by practicing the Creighton Method, I am able to know whether or not my wife is having great hormonal difficulty and also understand that she may need my patience and understanding. Ultimately, it helps us to work together and to better communicate what is going on inside of her. Now, I happen to be leaving out a lot basics on the Creighton Method and I have done this because I have written about it before on the blog and for the fact that this is not meant to be an instructive story, but just a perspective and experience that I wish to share.

As I mentioned early in this entry, our journey began in Singapore, but we have had experience at one other location, New York. My wife and I recently paid a visit to the Gianna Center in New York City and met with Dr. Mielnick, who I must say was a delight to speak to and discuss our issues with. At the clinic, we received such encouragement that we could not help but smile and be overjoyed, and this feeling of ease and support didn't just come from the doctor but also from the staff. Even visiting the Center in New York, we were met with such professionalism and understanding that I cannot help but think that every person should give NaPro technology a chance if they are having fertility issues. In all honesty, I could not imagine taking a different path, not only because of my religious conviction, but because of its success rate, which is higher than IVF (In-vitro fertilization).

Just having returned to Singapore and meeting with our normal NaPro practitioner, I am filled with hope, especially as I see the steady progress we have made in combating our fertility issues. In this journey, my wife and I don't feel alone, but are ever hopeful, especially because of NaPro practitioners like Dr. Hui and Dr. Melnick.

If you are in Singapore and would like to consider this approach, you can visit http://www.fertilitycare.com.sg/
Hui Clinic and Surgery
Blk 157, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4
#01-566 Singapore 560157
Tel: +65 6618-9774

If you are in New York and wish to try this approach, you can visit http://www.giannahealth.org/
Gianna - The Catholic Healthcare Center for Women
15 East 40th Street Suite 101
New York, NY 10016
Tel: (212)481-1219

There was also a recent article on LifeSiteNews.com that may be of interest to those who are considering NaPro Technology with the Creighton Method: Hope for infertility: ‘Infertile’ couple gives birth thanks to cutting edge natural treatment


My past entry on NaPro/Creighton Method: NFP (The Creighton Model) - Respecting The Human Person




Helpful Links

http://www.popepaulvi.com//  Home of the Pope Paul VI Institute

http://www.creightonmodel.com/  Education programs of the Institute

http://www.fertilitycare.org/  The home page for the FertilityCare™ Centers of America (FCCA) with directory of FertilityCare affiliates.

http://www.aafcp.org/  The home page for the American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals

http://www.fertilitycare.net/  The home page of Dr. Phil Boyle, FertilityCare™ for Europe and Ireland.

Comments

Anonymous said…
New users of the Creighton model might be interested in participating in a study to assess the effectiveness in its effectiveness. Here is a link for more information: http://medicine.utah.edu/dfpm/Research/CEIBA/interested.htm

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

A Self-Righteous Pharisee Complaining

I will be returning soon