Positive Progress through Prayer

I am a person who encourages praying the rosary; in fact, if you look around the blog a little, you will find me mentioning it a number of times and this is another testimony of the power of the Rosary and prayer.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, my family, meaning not just my wife and I but my mother-in-law, and brothers-in-law began coming together every evening to pray. Most every nights we will all pray the Rosary together, but there has been a night or two where we have said Divine Mercy because one of us was really too tired to meditate or pray. I can attest that our home has become more peaceful than it has been in long time, but what is even more amazing and why I say there is positive progress is that my youngest in-law has been utterly motivated to pray. Normally I would say that he is apathetic to prayer, but he is the one who has been the go getter every night to get everyone to pray, and today as we come to the first Friday of Lent, he is the one encouraging everyone to not only attend Mass this evening, but Stations of the Cross.

I am constantly amazed at the power of prayer and how a family that prays together is strengthened. I had known this especially from praying with my wife, but now that I am praying with my extended family, it is even more apparent. Now the power of prayer is especially apparent to me as I see my brother-in-law growing in faith and fervor. It is amazing how prayer changes lives, and how devotion to the Rosary can transform people.

God is truly great!

Blessed Lent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

I will be returning soon

Condoms made for 12 year olds. Sad day.