The Sad Catholic Vote

Continuing on from my rant yesterday, it has in fact been confirmed that the Catholic vote did support Obama.

Exit polls from CNN show the breakdown by religion-

Graphic from CNN.com Exit Polling 


What is more telling about the vote, and what I had been alluding to yesterday was the adherence to worship and participation weekly activities, and while this is not exclusively for the Catholic populace, there is a stark difference between those who worship weekly and those who come now and again in their vote.
Graphic from CNN.com Exit Polling   
There can indeed be other factors to consider, but there is nonetheless a correlation that can be shown between Catholics who voted in line with Catholic teaching and those attend regular Mass, but what is more, some Catholic actually believe that they can deviate from those non-negotiable principles highlighted by the Church to suit their desires and still be in good standing, but in fact have supported intrinsic evils.

In many ways, I believe that we are dealing with the cult of self. It has been utterly disregarded that there is an ongoing conflict between the current administration the Church in the United States, that the rights of the unborn are continually violated, and that family is continually being undermined; instead, we have seen more and more voters vote in favor of their pockets, and while this may not been seen as of yet, I am sure in time this will be the case as it was last election and as it was last time, I believe they are in for a big disappointment. Still, is the possibility of temporal gain worth the compromise of one's soul and the death and compromise of the those most vulnerable in society? How can one ever say I love my neighbor as myself, when I let my neighbor be murdered in the womb? How can one say I love my God with all my heart, soul, strength and mind when I allow his institutions and teachings to be spat upon without opposition for material gain?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

A Self-Righteous Pharisee Complaining

I will be returning soon