Pope Benedict has not changed the Church's teachings on condoms.

Today has been a crazy day to say the least. I fell asleep last night listening to BBC on my radio and was awakened about 3am, and to my surprise I hear words saying referring to the Pope changing his stance on condoms. I of course got up out of bed and began checking the internet, and the secular media was sure enough posting the same thing over and over again; rather, I should say the same errors.

Now, it should be noted that there are many who are far more experienced than I am discussing the current issue, and they have done a great job explaining things, but in case anyone is confused it should be noted that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The Church's teachings on contraception have not been altered at all.

To help clarify this issue, I am posting a few articles that would help a confused Catholic understand what was really said by the Pope and not be taken in by the misinformation of the secular media.

Pope Benedict XVI discusses condoms and the spread of HIV (The Catholic World Report)
Condoms, Consistency, and the Vatican’s Crisis of (mis)Communication (Catholic Vote)
The Pope Said WHAT about Condoms???  (National Catholic Register)
Pope Benedict advocates right sexuality, not condom use, in fight against HIV  (Catholic News Agency)

I wish all a blessed and happy Solemnity of Christ the King and pray that forces of evil do not tarnish such a joyous day.

Pax tecum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

I will be returning soon

Condoms made for 12 year olds. Sad day.