Stop Eucharistic Theft! Receive on Your Tongue.

Today I had the pleasure of being present in a Mass where the revised missal was being used. It was indeed enjoyable, but I was so tempted to do responses in Latin...LOL. I would have to say that it was nice to see a parish community so accepting of the changes and participating in the Mass.

As much as I like the changes which have taken place, I must still say that in many ways I favor the EF, especially because the communicant receives on the tongue (and kneeling too). Now, before some people get there knickers in a bunch, listen to my reason why. I am not going to argue against reception in the hand because of the way that it is done now breaks from the tradition of the past, or even discuss argument and counter arguments regarding maturity of parishioners and whether they are adult enough to receive in their hands, etc. Rather, I wish to draw attention to the sacrilege of our Lord.

I could bring forward points about the the sacred particles in the Eucharist and how each one is our Lord and worthy of greatest reverence and how they fall from our hands to the floor, but I will instead speak of the obvious, theft of the Eucharist. That was the experience I encountered today at the Holy Mass. There have been many events where laity have taken the Eucharist and left it in the pews or times when priests have told me that they have found the Sacred Host upon the floor, but today I witnessed first hand a person walking away from EMHC without ingesting the Host; rather, they continued their stroll with the Host in their hands.

This person was stopped and confronted by my wife. Sadly, she had gone through pains to switch hands as not be caught; however, she was made to open both her hands, and behold there was our Lord. By this time I had stood up, the warden ran over and talked to the woman and she was made to consume the Eucharist, but this is major reason, in my opinion, why we (Catholics) should be made to receive upon the tongue. Everything else aside, we are supposed to prevent Eucharist from being defiled, and reception in the hand gives people (including cults and satanists) an opportunity by which to take the Host and defile it.

Reception upon the tongue is an excellent way to receive our Lord and it is a method which we should be sure to teach our children. Also, we should not be discouraged if others in our parish do not receive in the same manner, but instead set the example and slowly but surely others will follow. Let us honor the Lord in all we do and promote religious practices which honor and show our love of Christ, especially when He gives Himself to us in the Most Holy Eucharist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying In Latin

A Self-Righteous Pharisee Complaining

I will be returning soon